DISMANTLING THE MERCEDES SPRINTER VAN EXHIBITS
Step 1: Stowing the tables
- Fold down the tables
- Slide the tables into the rear and passenger side of the van.
- Locate the latch, swing it down over table and tighten the thumb screw.
Step 2: Stow the cabinet
- If used, stow wedges in white clear box.
- Using the rope pull or the handle, push the cabinet towards driver side of van.
- Latch the left and right latch at the base.
Step 3: Stow the TV
- Pull the T-handle and disconnect the TV from the side door.
- Carefully step up in to the van pushing the TV forward into the van.
- WATCH your RIGHT SIDE CLEARANCE as you walk. Swinging the TV too quickly will hit the front frame, cabinet, and/ or passenger occupant protection device.
- Using the padded right side handle, walk yourself and the TV towards the side door on the passenger side.
- Gently push the TV into the padded frame.
- Secure the right latch.
- Secure the left latch.
Step 4: Stow the children's table
- Flip over the table.
- Un-tighten the thumb screws.
- Remove the legs. Wrap the legs. Set aside the legs.
- Add the leg cups to the legs.
- Flip the table back over. Place the table in front of the cabinet.
- Place the white clear box into the table.
- Place the legs into the table.
Step 5: Stow rear door exhibitry
- Remove the tallest frames from the swinging rack. Set them to the side.
- Remove the shortest frames above the brochure racks. Set them to the side.
- Unlatch the latch securing the swinging rack to the passenger side of the van.
- Close the swinging rack ninety degrees to meet the hook attached to the rack on the driver side of the van.
- Latch the rack to secure it.
- Lift the T-bar at the base and slide the latch to secure the T-bar.
- Walk the folded rack towards the driver side of the van and secure it with the right latch attached to the van on the driver side.
- Note: you must first stow one short frame in the back against the wall of the driver side of the van, then the two tallest frames, followed by the the last short frame in order to clear the ceiling height of the van.
- Person outside the van will hand frames in to person in van one at a time.
- Person in van will load the frames into the rack to stow them.
- Person outside the van lifts and hands the first brochure box to person in the van.
- Person in the van stows it in front of the frames.
- Slide the spacer for the brochure rack at the base of the swinging rack.
- Person outside the van lifts the second brochure box and stows it in front of the swinging rack.
- Person outside the van hands the boxes to the person standing inside the van for stowing.
- Remove the magnetic 90 degree door extensions by rolling down.
- Put the 90 degree door extensions into the white clear box.
- Swing the rear doors slightly closed and secure the 90 degree restraints on the lower portion of the doors.
Step 6: Stow the awning
- If weights were used, stow all weights in carrier and secure with the thumb screws.
- Remove the ladder from the van.
- CLOSE ALL DOORS
- Set up the ladder along the back passenger side of the van.
- Unlock the leg and push the lower leg up. Loosely tighten the thumb screw.
- From the ladder, pull the awning center post down and stow the center rib leg.
- Set up the ladder along the back driver side of the van.
- From the ladder disconnect the 4th rib strap to the roof rack anchor.
- Using the strap on the 3rd rib, walk the awning around to the passenger side of the van.
- Set up the ladder along the side door passenger side.
- Lift the awning ribs in to the carrier.
- Fold up the awning into the carrier.
- Strap the awning with the velcro.
- Flip the awning bag down over the top of the carrier and stowed awning.
- Zip up the length of the awning bag to close it.
- Stow your ladder.
Step 7: Strap down. Preparing to drive
- You will be retrieving as needed the ratchet straps stowed earlier in white clear box.
- Strap down the boxes.
- Locate the spacer bar for the frames and slide it along the side of the frames to space them out.
- Hold on to the spacer while threading the frame strap in the middle of the spacer bar and secure it.
- Strap down the brochure box in front of the frames at the base.
- Strap down the brochure box in front of swinging rack.
- Strap down the cabinet across the top and bottom.
- Close the lid on the white clear box.
- Strap down across the children’s table and white clear box.
- Check that all latches are properly secured and that all straps are in place before travel.